Basement Leak Repair in Atlanta
Basement Waterproofing in Atlanta
According to the American Society of Home Inspectors, over 60% of American homes will experience at least one incidence of basement flooding, and many of these homes undergo regular seasonal flooding. Don’t let your home become a statistic when it comes to basement leaks. At Drainage First, we offer advanced drainage systems near Atlanta to protect your belongings, the long-term comfort of your home, and its value. Our storm water management options can eliminate the source of unwanted water in your basement for just a fraction of the cost of basement waterproofing. Should you have existing leaks, our expert staff can perform basement leak repair for you.
Most Common Causes of Basement Flooding
Basement waterproofing is not effective unless it addresses the underlying cause of your flooded basement. While many waterproofing contractors will only offer solutions that catch the water after it comes into your home, Drainage First offers the best basement waterproofing solution instead. This involves identifying your home’s flood risks and eliminating them via proper drainage.
- Poor yard drainage is the most common cause of basement flooding. Heavy rain and severe storms are common in the Atlanta area, which saturate the ground and make it difficult for stormwater to drain away properly without an effective drainage system in place. A poorly-maintained or improperly-designed gutter system can exacerbate this issue, causing water to pool around the foundation of your home.
- The location and height of your home relative to the surrounding area can also play a role in your risk for basement flooding. When your home or neighborhood is located at a low point relative to the surrounding area, water runoff from any rainfall is more likely to move toward—and into—your home.
- Damage to your foundation or your basement walls provides an easy way for water to enter your basement. While you may not experience flooding during minor rainfall, the more rain you receive or the longer a storm lasts, the more likely the water is to find cracks in your home and seep inside.
Major Benefits of Basement Waterproofing via Improved Drainage
While there are many waterproofing options to eliminate basement flooding, improving the drainage system on your property is among one of the best solutions. This is because a better drainage system benefits not only your basement, but your entire property as well. Improving drainage means moving excess water away from your home. The most commonly used method is the French drain system, which eliminates the source of basement flooding completely. By preventing water from pooling around your foundation and in your yard, your drainage system will also prevent home settling, foundation damage, and poor lawn and landscaping health due to unfavorable soil conditions. If you are searching for a basement waterproofing solution, we can install an effective drainage system without the need for expensive basement waterproofing that simply catches the water after it enters your foundation, instead of rerouting it. You can reach Drainage First today by calling 678-525-8589 or www.drainagefirst.com to discuss drainage solutions in Atlanta.
Don’t let your home become water damaged. Call: 678-525-8589
Why Choose Drainage First
- We Concentrate on Cost Effective Solutions
- Free Consultations
- Locally Owned and Operated
- One Point of Contact
- Response Time Typically Less Than 24 hours
- Servicing Atlanta Metro Areas